Chana Masala (Chickpea curry) - purely veg.
You be responsible boiling fry Chana Masala (Chickpea curry) - purely veg applying 21 compound including 9 moreover. Here is how you gain.
receipt of Chana Masala (Chickpea curry) - purely veg
- You need 3 tbsp of oil.
- It's 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare of Salt (to taste).
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It's 1 tbsp of chana masala.
- You need 1 pinch of asafetida.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of coriander cumin.
- You need 1 tbsp of red chilli powder (as per taste).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- You need 4 tbsp of hot chilli ketchup (as per taste 😁).
- Prepare 1 of small bowl chick peas (could be more).
- You need 2-3 of tomatoes.
- You need 2 of medium sized onions or 1 big onion.
- It's 1 of spring onion - finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of green chillis (the thin ones - spicy).
- You need 1 of boiled potato (chopped) - optional.
- It's 1 slice of ginger - grated.
- It's 2 cloves of garlic - grated.
- You need 1 of lemon.
- You need 30 g of chopped coriander - for flavor.
Chana Masala (Chickpea curry) - purely veg technique
- Soak a bowl of chick peas or the amount you'd want to cook, overnight, or for at least 8 hours (tip)..
- Boil chickpeas in a cooker (this would do faster). Add enough water, chickpeas, a pinch of salt, a little bit of turmeric, some few drops of oil. Let the cooker whistle 3-4 times atleast. If you do not have a cooker, just boil them normally on the gas for may be 30 minutes (minimum)..
- While the chickpeas boil; grind the onions (preferably the red ones but you could take the white ones too) and green chillis. Separately grind the tomatoes. Grate a slice of ginger. Grate 2 cloves of garlic (you can add more depending on your taste). Do all of these separately..
- Take a frying pan, add oil and butter as mentioned and let it heat..
- Add a pinch of asafetida, add the grated garlic and ginger together with bay leaf and let it fry for some few seconds (1-2 seconds). Do not let it turn brown. You should already be able to smell the garlic.
- Add the ground onion and chillis together with the chopped spring onions. Fry until the colour of the onion changes slightly..
- Add the ground tomatoes (or tomato paste), the chana masala, salt to taste, cumin coriander powder, turmeric, red chilli, the ketchup and hot chilli ketchup and stir. Let it fry on slow or medium heat until the tomatoes appear to be cooked. (For this dish Baadshah's chana masala was used, you can use Everest also or any other make)..
- Add the chickpeas and water as required (If you end up adding extra water, you can let it boil until some of it evaporates 😜). If you want it dry do not add water, just 4-5 tablespoons. Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves, squeeze half a lemon & mix everything together. Let it boil on medium flame until you notice a thin layer of oil around the corners or the top (in other words, the oil separates from the spices). If you want to add potatoes you can do so in this step. Potato is optional..
- Serve in a bowl, garnish with chopped tomatoes, chopped onions and chopped coriander. If you do not want to garnish it, you can serve with a slice of lemon, slices of onions in the side and a green chilli. You can either have rice, naan, chapati, roti, paratha or even bread with it. Enjoy ! 😋.