Caribbean Oxtail Stew. Jamaican Oxtail Stew- This Braised Oxtail with butter beans has complex note from allspice but also that familiar garlic, thyme , onion medley. The end product tender flavorful meat. It is oxtail stew, brown and steaming, light with ginger and thyme, pungent with allspice and soy, a taste of the Caribbean to warm winter's heart.
The Caribbean-style Oxtail Ragout recipe out of our category Beef! How to make Pressure Cooker Oxtail Soup. Oxtail stew with rice - download this royalty free Stock Photo in seconds. You arrange frying reduce Caribbean Oxtail Stew practicing 17 compound together with 5 steps. Here is how you perform.
ingredients of Caribbean Oxtail Stew
- Prepare 1.3 KG of Oxtail.
- It's 1 of Large Onion.
- It's 1 of Carrot.
- You need 1 of Red Bell Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of tinned can of Butter Beans.
- It's 1 of Scotch Bonnet.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 Tsp of Black Pepper.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Garlic Paste (3 Cloves).
- Prepare 2.5 Tbsp of All Purpose Seasoning.
- It's 1 Tbsp of Paprika.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Thyme (Fresh or dried).
- It's 2 Tbsp of Cornflour.
- You need 3 of Stock Cube (Beef or Veg).
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Worcestershire sauce (or Dark Soy sauce).
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- It's 4 Cups of Water.
We ordered from Caribbean Spice Restaurant on Sunday evening. Since it was really damn cold It did made my lips "jontor" or burn. The oxtail stew was really tender and I can taste combination of. If you've never tried the rich, meaty goodness of Jamaican oxtail, you are But if are at home and want to learn a savory Jamaican oxtails recipe, you are in the right place.
Caribbean Oxtail Stew gradually
- Wash the Oxtail meat (using lemon and white vinegar) before rinsing in water. Marinate the meat overnight or up to 5 hours (stored in fridge) in a bowl with; - 1 tsp Salt - 1 tsp Black Pepper - 1 tbsp Garlic Paste (3 Cloves) - 2.5 tbsp All Purpose - 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (or Dark Soy sauce) -.
- When ready to cook, heat 2 tbsp of vegetable oil in a large deep skillet pan over medium/high heat. Sear oxtail until an overall golden brown and then remove the meat to set aside..
- Sauté 1 large diced onion and 1 chopped scotch bonnet until soft. Add the oxtail along with 4 cups of water, 3 beef/veg stock cube, 1 tbsp paprika and 1 tbsp thyme. Reduce the heat to low once brought to boil, cover and simmer for 2.5 hours until the meat is fork tender. Make sure to check the stew every 30 minutes, adding water if need be as you go along and stirring occasionally..
- 1.5 hours later, add 1 chopped carrot, 1 red bell pepper and 2 tbsp cornflour to thicken sauce. 30 minutes later, add 1 tin of butter beans..
- Serve with White Rice or Rice and Peas..
Download royalty-free Caribbean style curried Oxtail stew served with rice mixed with red kidney beans. This really rich oxtail stew recipe makes the most of this economical cut of meat for a British classic. Wash the oxtail pieces and pat dry with kitchen paper. Trim off as much excess fat as possible. Choose from soul food oxtail, Spanish oxtail, and eastern European oxtail recipes.