Ugali served with Meatballs and sukuma wiki. Sukuma wiki is an East African dish made with collard greens, known as sukuma, cooked with onions and spices. It is often served and eaten with ugali (made from maize flour). In Tanzania, Kenya and many parts of East Africa.
I add Homo milk to the ugali cos my kids love. Yes, you read it right -- sukuma wiki can be fancy too. It's one of the green leafy vegetables with a good amount of iron and in these tough times, it's a good idea to keep your nutrition on point. You cause steaming griddle Ugali served with Meatballs and sukuma wiki applying 8 ingredients along with 5 including. Here you are finish.
instructions of Ugali served with Meatballs and sukuma wiki
- You need 200 g of minced meat.
- It's 2 of onions chopped.
- It's 1 of egg.
- Prepare 3 of TBD breadcrumbs.
- Prepare of Oil to deep-fry.
- It's 1 bunch of sukuma wiki.
- You need of Oil to cook.
- Prepare 4 of tomatoes(blend).
For a cheesy twist, we will infuse a little cheddar cheese in the meatballs mix and top them. Sukuma wiki can be found in many forms. Sometimes it is highly spiced, in the Indian-influenced cuisine of East Africa. Sometimes it is a very plain and basic dish of greens, with nothing but oil and a little onion to round it out.
Ugali served with Meatballs and sukuma wiki individually
- In a bowl add minced meat onion breadcrumbs,pinch of salt and eggs mix with hands and form balls..
- Deep fry the balls. Turning sides to ensure proper cooking..
- Remove from oil and Put on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Heat a pan add oil and onion let it cook add blended tomatoes let it simmer add pinch of salt, add the meat balls in.let them simmer for about 5 minutes remove it ready to eat.
- For sukuma put oil and onions let them cook add sukuma and pinch of salt turn them and let them cook for 7 minutes. Remove and serve with meatballs and ugali..
The version I ate most often in Kenya had onion, tomato, and a smattering. Sukuma wiki, Swahili for stretch-the-week, is a ubiquitous Kenyan dish. Sukuma wiki means to push or extend the week. It's a flavorful mix of hearty greens with enough oomph and flavor to carry a meal, even if the The cream will thicken slightly, making for a deliciously rich creamed kale and onions. Serve it up with your favorite Kenyan stew, and a side of ugali!