Mince Beef Pie. This tasty and easy beef pie recipe will quickly become a family favourite. How to Freeze Minced Beef and Onion Pies. Wrap the unbaked pies well in aluminum foil or plastic wrap and then into ziptop bags.
Try this English Mince Beef Pie recipe, or contribute your own. Brown the minced beef in the oil in a hot pan, breaking up the mince with the back of a spoon as it browns. Minced Beef And Onion Pie With Puff Pastry Recipes. You complete boiling nuke Mince Beef Pie using 14 ingredients than 13 than. Here is how you win.
procedure of Mince Beef Pie
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 500 g of mince beef.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomatoe purée.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of plain flour, plus extra for dusting.
- Prepare 80 g of mushrooms, chopped.
- It's 250 ml of beef stock.
- It's splash of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 400 g of ready-made shortcrust pastry.
- You need 1 of egg, yolk only, lightly beaten.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- You need 1 of medium carrot, grated.
- It's to taste of ground black pepper.
Beef, Mushroom and Guinness Pot PiesRecipesPlus. Add the mince and all the ingredients up to and including paprika, knead well by hand until the mixture is no longer sticky. Place one section of dough on an oven tray lined with baking paper. This is an EPIC Chunky Beef and Mushroom Pie with a little secret ingredient that takes this to the But with this Chunky Beef and Mushroom Pie, with just one bite, you know it's a step up from the.
Mince Beef Pie individually
- Preheat the oven for 200C..
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and fry the mince for about 4-5 minutes, stirr with a wooden spoon regularly..
- Add the onion, carrots and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes..
- Then add in the purée and cook for another 2-3 minutes..
- Stir in the flour and cook for a further minute, then add the mushrooms, stock and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Set aside and leave to cool, then turn the meat mixture into a 1L pie dish..
- Roll out the pastry onto a floured surface until it is slightly bigger than the pie dish..
- Gently drape the pastry over the dish, pressing firmly onto the edges. Trim, then shape the edges into a fluted shape..
- Cut some leaf shapes out of the pastry trimmings and decorate the top of the pie, sticking them to the pastry with the beaten egg..
- Make about 4 slits in the top of the pastry to allow steam to escape..
- Brush the pie with the rest of the beaten egg yolk..
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown..
This pie filling on the other hand is far quicker and a bit cheaper. If you wanted it to be a Shepherd's Pie instead, swap the minced beef for minced lamb and add a touch of rosemary. Mince Pies have been around for centuries although not in the form we enjoy today. In the past mincemeat did, as its name implies, contain meat (beef, chicken, or fish) along with eggs. As their name suggests, mince pies traditionally did at one point have minced beef or lamb mixed in with the dried fruits.