Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls. This is a lot like my Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Soup but rather it's more of a hearty meal in a bowl vs. the soup. This also makes great leftovers for lunch the next day if you are lucky enough to have any left. The flavors just sit and soak together that much longer.
Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Casserole is a true comfort food go-to. Nothing makes me think of my childhood and family more than Cabbage Rolls. Growing up with Polish grandparents, they made an appearance at every occasion, from Christmas to Easter, weddings to baptisms! You succeed baking boil Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls applying 3 technique and 4 along with. Here you go sew up.
prescription of Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls
- It's 1 1/2 Pounds of ground beef.
- It's 11 of Onion chopped.
- You need 1 of cabbage small.
It was called unstuffed cabbage rolls in the book but we call it just "Cabbage Roll Casserole". Not exactly as good as real cabbage rolls but a really close second if you haven't the time or inclination to fuss with cabbage rolls. It is just like a deconstructed cabbage roll. With this recipe, you can have cabbage roll flavors in a fraction of the time!
Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls ingredients
- 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 1/2 to 2 pounds lean ground beef 1 large onion, chopped 1 clove garlic, minced 1 small cabbage, chopped 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes.
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce 1 tablespoon cider vinegar or wine vinegar 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon dash nutmeg 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper 1 teaspoon sea salt.
- Preparation: In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground beef and onion and cook, stirring, until ground beef is no longer pink and onion is tender. Add the garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute..
- Add the chopped cabbage, tomatoes, tomato sauce, vinegar, cinnamon, nutmeg, pepper, and salt. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until cabbage is tender..
This flavorful "unstuffed cabbage" is a simmered ground beef and cabbage combination made with lean ground beef, tomatoes, and cabbage. If you like cabbage rolls but don't like the prep work, this dish is for you! These UNSTUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS have all the flavor of a traditional cabbage roll with minimal work! This low carb cabbage rolls recipe is super filling and totally easy for busy nights! My family and I went on a cruise around the British Isles last year and it was a seriously amazing trip.