Tangy Meatloaf. The tangy glaze bakes to a rich, dark brown that makes this meat loaf look every bit as good as it tastes!—Marcia Baures, Waukesha, Wisconsin DIRECTIONS. Combine ketchup, brown sugar, dry mustard. To remaining ketchup mixture, add worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion, salt, pepper and egg.
We used to always just use a marinara sauce on ours, until we discovered this tangy sauce. It's a crowd pleaser now in my home and so simple to make. Author: TKWAdmin; This truly is the Ultimate meatloaf with a lip-smacking, tangy tomato sauce. You finish toasting stew Tangy Meatloaf using 11 procedure so 4 as a consequence. Here you go cook.
method of Tangy Meatloaf
- You need 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- It's 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dry mustard.
- You need 4 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of seasoned salt.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- It's 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It's 1 of egg.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of corn chex (or chex of your preference) (corn & rice are gluten-free).
- It's 1 lb of ground beef.
This is perfect for a weeknight dinner or leftover meatloaf sandwiches! We're talking pure comfort food at it's finest! The sauce contains pineapple preserves, brown sugar and ketchup. It glazes up real nice over the meatloaf.
Tangy Meatloaf program
- In large bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, & mustard. Reserve 4 tbsp for topping..
- To remaining mixture add worcestershire sauce, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, & egg. Blend well. Stir in chex. Let stand 5 minutes..
- Break up chex. Add ground beef. Mix well. Shape into a loaf in shallow baking pan/loaf pan..
- Bake in 350°F oven for 65 minutes. Spread top with reserved ketchup mixture. Bake additional 15 minutes..
I've NEVER had leftovers even when I've tripled the recipe!" I like the sweet and tangy option to mix things up,but the sweetness of the meatloaf too was just too much. Would probably just serve the sauce with a traditional recipe in the future. Glaze: While meatloaf is cooking place ingredients for glaze in a sauce pan and cook on stove top until the brown sugar is dissolved. Classic Meatloaf with Sweet and Tangy Glaze is comfort food at its best. Don't overlook this all-American classic that is make-ahead and freezer friendly.