Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf. Homemade meatloaf just like mom used to make has nothing on this bacon-wrapped meatloaf. With a brown sugar-ketchup glaze and whole strips of bacon, this mighty meatloaf is a flavorful meal that's far from the dry brick that haunts many childhood memories. So the next time you want a throwback dinner but with a delicious updated twist, try this bacon-wrapped meatloaf.
Start on the other half of the bacon strip until you have made a weave. Pace the loaf shaped beef mixture into the center on your bacon weave. Wap the weave around the beef loaf shaped mixture. You see to stewing brew Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf accepting 18 procedure than 11 along with. Here is how you bring off.
receipt of Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
- You need of Meatloaf:.
- Prepare 1 lb. of Ground beef.
- It's 1 lb. of Ground pork (I've also used lamb, it was delicious!).
- You need 4 of peices of Italian bread, ripped into peices.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- It's 4 of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of season salt.
- It's 1/2 cup of fresh chopped parsley.
- It's 1 cup of fresh grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 package of bacon.
- Prepare of Sauce:.
- It's 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- It's 1 tsp. of Ground mustard.
- You need 6 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It's 4-5 dashes of Worcestershire.
- Prepare A few of dashes of hot sauce or saracha (as much as you enjoy).
Flip the bacon wrapped meat loaf upside down,making the ends of the bacon tuck under the loaf. Place the loaf in the center of the oven on a cookie sheet. This easy Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf recipe will become a family favorite for sure! Meatloaf is back and better than ever, full of flavor, some hidden veggies, and wrapped with delicious thick cut bacon!
Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf procedure
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place your peices of bread in a large mixing bowl and pour milk over top and allow to soak for a few minutes.
- Once your bread has soaked up the milk, add in the rest of your meatloaf ingredients (besides bacon) and mix together thoroughly with your hands..
- Using a broiling pan (I believe this type of pan is important, so it can allow the grease to drain out and you won't be left with a soggy meatloaf) place your meat on your broiling pan and shape your meatloaf..
- Horizontally place each peice of bacon over your meatloaf and tuck the bacon underneath the meat at the bottom..
- Now make your sauce, simply just mix all ingredients together..
- Evenly coat meatloaf with just a few spoon fulls of the sauce..
- Place meatloaf uncovered in the oven and bake for 45 minutes..
- After 45 minutes, spread a few more spoon fulls of sauce over the meatloaf and place back in the oven for an additional 20-30 minutes.
- (Tip: when the meatloaf is finished cooking, I like to slice it and put it back in the oven for 5-10 minutes).
- Serve with a spoonful of sauce with each slice! Enjoy!.
Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf Place meatloaf in the center and carefully lift and transfer to a loaf pan, so bacon is on the bottom and sides of the pan. My Favorite Meatloaf One of my favorite comfort foods. I lay the bacon out on parchment paper, set the meatloaf at one end, then roll it up. I use an oiled baking rack so the bacon crisps all around. We use a similar recipe when doing smoked meatloaf at the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo.