South-Indian Garlic Soup / Poondu Rasam. Garlic rasam also known as poondu rasam is a spicy, sour rasam tempered with garlic and spices. I make rasam on a regular basis and in this rainy Sign up for my FREE Beginners Guide to Delicious Indian Cooking. This poondu rasam does not make use Of readymade rasam powder and cooked.
Poondu Rasam actually means garlic rasam since garlic is called Poondu in Tamil. Garlic is a key ingredient in many of the rasam recipes but here Curry leaves and tamarind water are also the key ingredients of this recipe and the watery texture of this rasam enables you to have it as a soup as well. Garlic Rasam Recipe, How To Make Garlic Rasam Recipe. You work stewing sauté South-Indian Garlic Soup / Poondu Rasam employing 16 technique together with 13 including. Here you go nail it.
procedure of South-Indian Garlic Soup / Poondu Rasam
- Prepare 2-3 tablespoons of Tamarind/ imli.
- You need 2-3 of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 of large Tomato.
- You need 2 of Green chilles.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Toor dal/ split dehusked yellow lentil.
- Prepare 7-8 leaves of Curry.
- You need 1/4 cup of Coriander leaves with stalk.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of Hing/aesafoetida.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Sambar powder (optional).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Red chilli powder.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- It's 1 teaspoon of Coriander powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Cumin seeds.
- It's 1 teaspoon of ghee.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of chopped coriander leaves for garnish.
The roasted spices and the fried garlic makes this rasam so flavourful and yummy. This is optional and you can skip if you don't have this ingredient. Garlic rasam or poondu rasam recipe south Indian rasam recipe with garlic cloves. Garlic means poondu in Tamil, hence the name.
South-Indian Garlic Soup / Poondu Rasam modus operandi
- Tie coriander leaves with it's stalk using a clean thread and make a bundle. Chop chillies and tomato..
- Wash and Soak toor dal for few minutes, add pinch of turmeric and cook with extra water until nice and mushy..
- In a pan add ghee, cumin, aesafoetida, chilli and garlic. Roast for few seconds..
- Add tomatoes and tamarind and roast. Add sambar, chilli, 1/8 teaspoon turmeric and coriander powders. Mix and cook for few seconds..
- Add salt and mix..
- Add 3 cups warm water.
- Put the coriander bundle prepared earlier..
- Let this Rasam masala cook and reduce until only 1/4 remaining..
- This looks reduced and also raw smell has gone..
- Now add the watery part of the cooked lentils. Use remaining dal to mix with rice..
- Discard the coriander bundle..
- Let the mixture come to one boil..
- Add chopped coriander leaves and serve hot..
This is a very flavorful and delicious rasam that tastes wonderful with mashed rice and ghee on a cold day. There are so many variations in poondu rasam and here is. Garlic Rasam, A Recipe from Tamil Nadu, India. Garlic Rasam Recipe or the Poondu rasam as it's known in Tamil with step by step photo and video instructions is a delicious tamarind soup made with garlic. With freshly ground spices, just like the tomato rasam, this rasam variety is very, very tasty with the bits of garlic melting in the mouth.