Bengali Chanar Dal l Bengali Split Chickpea Soup.
You finish stewing poach Bengali Chanar Dal l Bengali Split Chickpea Soup applying 13 technique so 10 and. Here you are sew up.
program of Bengali Chanar Dal l Bengali Split Chickpea Soup
- Prepare 1 cup of split chickpea (chana dal).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of grated coconut.
- It's 3 of green chillies, slitted.
- You need 2 of dried red chillies.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves (tej patta).
- You need 1 tsp of whole cumin (sabud jeera).
- It's 5-6 of cloves (laung).
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick (dalchini).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of raisin (kishmish).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of white oil.
- You need 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1and 1/2 tsp of salt.
Bengali Chanar Dal l Bengali Split Chickpea Soup modus operandi
- Soak the chana dal overnight. Drain the water before cooking..
- Soak raisin in water for 1 hour. Drain the water and keep aside..
- In a pressure cooker, add chana dal, water, green chillies and salt. Cover the lid and cook for 2 whistles. Once the pressure cools down, open the lid and check if it’s properly cooked. Two whistles should be enough if you have soaked it overnight..
- Heat 1 table-spoon ghee in a pan and shallow fry the grated coconut..
- Remove the boiled chana dal along with the water in a heavy bottom pan, add raisin, turmeric powder and cover the lid. Let it get cooked in low flame for few minute..
- By the time, heat 1 table-spoon ghee and add bay leaves, whole cumin, cloves and cinnamon. Stir for few seconds till the spices start spreading aroma..
- Immediately remove it from the flame and pour the entire mixture and the fried grated coconut on the chana dal. Mix very well..
- Check the consistency of the soup. It should be on thicker side..
- Now, add sugar and stir well. Cover the lid and cook it for another 5 minute on low flame..
- Turn off the flame and your Bengali Chana Dal is ready to be served now..