Chicken with artichokes and olives. Imbued with the classic Mediterranean flavors of artichokes, garlic, mint and olives, this braised chicken is complex and highly satisfying, with a white wine sauce brightened with lemon. Serve this saucy artichoke-and-olive studded stew over barley. Chicken, artichokes and olives in a tangy lemony broth…this is dinner, an amazing dinner.
Add to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Pressure-Cooker Chicken with Olives & Artichokes. My grandmother came from the region around Seville, Spain, where olives and red wine are produced. You execute brewing reduce Chicken with artichokes and olives adopting 10 ingredients as well as 8 and. Here you go manage.
process of Chicken with artichokes and olives
- It's 400 g (1 can) of artichokes, drained and diced.
- You need 140 g of pitted kalimata olives (rinsed once and cut into halves).
- It's 450 g of chicken breast fillet (no skin).
- Prepare 1 1/5 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika powder.
- It's 1 tsp of dried ground ginger.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- You need 1/4 of salt.
- You need 1/3 cup of white wine.
- You need of Olive oil (I used the bland one, not virgin).
Those ingredients get starring roles in her scrumptious chicken. —Suzette Zara, Scottsdale, Arizona. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Combine wine, broth, cornstarch, and mustard.
Chicken with artichokes and olives ingredients
- Cut chicken into some medium piece. Don't cut it to small (aim for size of chicken tenders).
- Mixed flour with salt and 1/4 paprika powder and mixed well..
- Coat chicken lightly with the flour mixture and set aside. It doesn't have to be perfect..
- Heat the olive oil on skillet and brown the chicken pieces..
- Add in chicken stock, artichokes, kalimata olives, ground ginger and the remaining of paprika powder, cook until all ingredients cooked through in low-medium heat for 5-10 mins..
- Taste the food, and adjust to your liking. The kalimata olives and the chicken stock already add enough salt to the dish, you may not need to add more salt (I didn't put salt on mine)..
- Add in the white wine, let it simmer for another 3-5 minutes and let the alcohol evaporated..
- You can thicken the stock if needed by adding the remaining flour with 1 1/5 tbsp of water. Let it simmer until stock is thicken. Your food is now ready to serve!.
Add to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Canned beans combine with chicken breast cubes, garlic, and artichokes in this quick and delicious version of cassoulet. We've combined chicken and artichoke hearts and olives here before, in a hearty Italian stew adapted from the "Hedgebrook Cookbook: Celebrating Radical Hospitality." But in this braise, the flavors are sharper, more pronounced. The bacon amps up the umami in the dish, and the lemon. When chicken is cooked, remove from pan and keep warm.